10 Step Manufacturing Process::
Our manufacturing process is second to none. Our joinery personnel
are the key to our success with over 20 years experience in
the field. We focus on quality not quantity and by allowing
our joiners the freedom to build the systems, we ensure that
our scoreboards are built to the highest quality.
As you can see from the manufacturing process, our scoreboards
can take up to 1 week to build. We are proud of the way we
manufacture our products and we are confident that you as
a customer, will be more than happy with the build quality.
Our scoreboard will compliment any cricket club, ground
or other area of sporting activity.
- Using 19mm exterior grade Plywood the scoreboard face
is cut to size in our fully functional workshop.
- The plywood is cut, so the scoreboard has vertical
grain on the fascia. This ensures that water will run
off and also avoids water gathering on the scoreboard
- Then using grooved softwood timber, the outside edges
are covered, secured and sealed using a waterproof adhesive.
- Once the scoreboard and the softwood fitting are in
place, the unit is then sanded to ensure a smooth finish.
- The scoreboard is then treated with a clear preservative,
to help protect against water ingress.
- We then prepare the scoreboard for painting, using two
coats of heavy duty exterior primer. We allow 24 hours
between coats to ensure the primer has completely taken.
- The first coat of the exterior opaque ebony paint is then applied. This paint has a drying time of 16 hours. Then after 24 hours, we apply a second coating. The opaque ebony paint is tough, durable and ideal for the outdoor scoreboards.
- After another 24 hours the boards are thoroughly inspected
for quality control purposes.
- Once we are happy with the paintwork, we then apply
the number plates system for the scores and vinyl lettering
to the scoreboard and placard areas.
- Finally, we package the scoreboard and fixings, ready